The hospitality industry has grown by leaps and bounds in the past decade. Demand for trained manpower in this industry is immense. Star hotels require trained staff for the following departments:
- Food and Beverage (F&B)
- Computer Applications
- Financial Management
- Fire Fighting
- Public Relations
Being a service industry, having the right attitude is most important. The employees must have an outgoing and pleasant personality, capacity for hard work and a liking for interacting with people. The ability to keep the situation under control during any crisis, discipline, commitment and dedication is a must.
Besides working in hotels, hotel management diploma/degree holders have the following options:
- Restaurant Management/Fast Food Joint Management
- Club Management/Recreation & Health Centre Management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital Administration and Catering
- Institutional and Industrial Catering
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Manufacturers and Suppliers of Hotel and Restaurant Equipment and Services
- Hotel and Catering Institutes
- Hotel and Tourism Associations
- Catering Departments in banks and insurance houses
- With government owned catering departments, for example railway, armed forces, ministerial conventions, etc.
- In food, confectionery, beverage production industries.