Welcome Alumnae and Alumni,
Welcome back to Business Institute of Pennsylvania.
As an alumnus you are automatically a member of the Business Institute of Pennsylvania Alumni Association. The Alumni Association was developed to support the overriding mission of the BIOP to empower all members of the community to succeed and contribute responsibly to our changing world. To that end, the goal of the Alumni Association is to strengthen bonds with alumni – providing them with a range of special services designed to help them succeed after graduation, while also encouraging advocacy and financial support for the biop and its programs.
As we look forward to the 2010-2011 year, I am looking for several more dedicated and inspired Alumni to join the existing Alumni Association Leadership Committee. Members of the committee work to increase Alumni presence in all aspects of campus life for both past and current students. Possible roles could include:
- Alumni Athletic Council -- Plans and recruits for Alumni Athletic Events (i.e. Alumni Lacrosse).
- Class Representative/Class Agent -- Assists with class notes, as well as web site information updates. Keeps classmates updated and involved with Reunion plans and class gift giving.
- Career Networking Volunteer -- Open to communication with students and alumni for conversations about career advice.
- Regional Reception Host -- Plan and serve as host for a regional alumni gathering/networking event in your area.
- Reunion Chair -- Act as a liaison between your classmates and the Alumni Office for class gatherings and reunions.
- And we're always looking for more ideas!
If you have not shared your desire to volunteer with the Alumni Office previously, or just want to be sure you're on the list to be contacted, and I will get in touch with you as soon as possible! I look forward to talking with each and every one of you that wants to be involved.
Regardless of whether you are connected online, we know that you are connected in spirit. Please know, however, that we can always use your assistance with the planning and execution of all Alumni events. We welcome your volunteer efforts.
Please feel free to call or write, and if you have questions or need more detail, please contact me at email@example.com.
Director, Alumni Affairs